Who will be Premier League champions? (2022)

Who will be Premier League champions? (1)

Defending champions Manchester City have won the Premier League in three of the past four seasons - but can anyone stop them this time?

Manchester United were City's nearest rivals last time out but finished 12 points back and have still not sustained a serious title bid since they were last champions in 2013.

Will United challenge for top spot until the end in 2021-22? How will Liverpool respond after their title defence imploded at the start of the year? Can Chelsea be contenders again domestically after conquering Europe? And will Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham or anyone else break into the Champions League places?

We asked 20 BBC TV and radio pundits to pick their top four, with explanations for their selections.

Alan ShearerChelseaMan CityMan UtdLiverpool
Fara WilliamsChelseaMan CityMan UtdLiverpool
Sue SmithChelseaMan CityMan UtdLiverpool
Chris SuttonChelseaMan CityLiverpoolMan Utd
Rachel Brown-FinnisChelseaMan CityLiverpool Man Utd
Matthew UpsonChelseaMan CityLiverpoolMan Utd
Rob GreenChelseaLiverpoolMan CityMan Utd
Martin KeownMan CityChelseaLiverpoolMan Utd
Micah RichardsMan CityChelseaLiverpoolMan Utd
Stephen WarnockMan CityChelseaLiverpoolMan Utd
Danny MurphyMan CityLiverpoolChelseaMan Utd
Mark LawrensonMan CityLiverpoolChelseaMan Utd
Ashley WilliamsMan CityChelseaMan UtdLiverpool
Clinton MorrisonMan CityChelseaMan UtdLiverpool
Michael BrownMan CityChelseaMan UtdLiverpool
Pat NevinMan CityChelseaMan UtdLiverpool
Leon OsmanMan CityChelseaMan UtdLiverpool
Nedum OnuohaMan CityMan UtdLiverpoolChelsea
Lindsay JohnsonMan CityMan UtdChelseaLiverpool
Jermaine BeckfordMan CityChelseaMan UtdLeicester

Five teams feature in the forecasted top fours, but only City, United and Chelsea feature in all 20.

In terms of who will win it, City are favourites, with 13 votes. Chelsea get seven, while the highest anyone thinks United or Liverpool will finish is second. The overall predicted ranking gives a similar outcome.

1. Man City 2. Chelsea3. Man Utd4. Liverpool5. Leicester
72 pts62 pts33 pts32 pts1 pt

(using system of 4 pts for a 1st place, 3 pts for 2nd, 2 pts for 3rd and 1 pt for 4th)

Which transfer would affect three pundits' title predictions?

The predictions were made on Thursday, 12 August, with just under three weeks to go before the transfer window closes on Tuesday, 31 August.

Alan Shearer: Some major signings have already happened, but there are more to come that will affect the title race. I'm expecting it to be much tighter at the top than last time, with four teams in with a chance of being champions, not just City and Chelsea.

Alan Shearer joins Ian Wright and Gary Lineker on Match of the Day this Saturday at 22:20 BST on BBC One and the BBC Sport website for highlights of seven Premier League games.

(Video) Champions League or Premier League: Which trophy is bigger? 🏆 | Super Sunday

Chris Sutton: If Harry Kane goes to Manchester City, then he is the perfect fit for them and I would fancy them. If he doesn't, I think Chelsea will nick it, because they are getting Romelu Lukaku. I don't think City will win the title without signing a centre-forward. I know they won it last season largely playing without one, which was remarkable. I don't see it happening again.

Matthew Upson: As things stand, I'd back Chelsea. It looks as if Lukaku is definitely going there, while things are very different with City and Kane - who knows if that will happen? It's a big ask for them to win the league again without a new striker but, if they do get Kane, that turns that problem position into a massive positive - and I'd change my prediction.

Sue Smith: Chelsea will have massive confidence from winning the Champions League but if City can get Kane, then I'd put them on top instead.

Pat Nevin: City have already added Jack Grealish, who is exactly the right player for them and there is the possibility of Kane, who is perfect too because he is so creative and adaptable. Arguably he's the player that Pep tried to turn Sergio Aguero into, and I can't think of many strikers so well suited to City's style.

If they get him, they are big favourites. If they don't, they are just marginal favourites.

Man City - 'A team of Galacticos'

This is the sixth season running where Manchester City have featured in everyone's forecasted top four. It's also the fourth successive year where no-one thinks they will finish below second.

Micah Richards: It's tougher than ever to call it this season but I am still going to say City, even if they don't get Kane. John Stones has signed a new deal and, with him and Ruben Dias, the defence is sorted. When you look at their options in midfield and going forward, it's just not fair on the other teams and, with the form that Raheem Sterling was in at the Euros, they still have to be favourites.

Micah Richards and Dion Dublin are the guests on Football Focus on BBC One and the BBC Sport website at 12:00 BST on Saturday.

Danny Murphy: My gut feeling is that City are going to be really difficult to knock off their perch. They and Liverpool will just about have the edge on everyone but not by much - the top four will be really tight.

Nedum Onuoha: I look at how good City were defensively last season and think they will be strong enough to win the title again. But I think this year will be the first time in a while where there will be more than two teams in with a shout at the very end. City have made an excellent signing in Grealish but their rivals have strengthened well too.

Jermaine Beckford: They are so powerful. Stones and Dias have formed a brilliant relationship and City don't really have a weakness any more.

Michael Brown: My only doubt is if they don't get Kane, or another striker.

Ashley Williams: City are the best team and squad in the league. They have added Grealish and if they get Kane then the title is done. Even without Kane, or another top-class striker, as a team they have got goals everywhere and their style of play doesn't need a recognised centre-forward. I'm expecting a more productive season from Sterling too.

Martin Keown: What I am really excited about is seeing how Grealish will play under Guardiola, after seeing the effect Pep has had on Sterling and Phil Foden already. Now we have another talented English player in his hands, and Grealish has a team of Galacticos around him.

(Video) Premier League Predictions for 2022/23! Title, top four, relegation and golden boot! | ESPN FC

Chelsea - 'The depth in their squad is scary'

Last season, no-one thought Chelsea would win the title and only two out of 25 pundits thought they would make the top two. This time, seven out of 20 pundits think they will be champions and 80% think they will make the top two.

Pat Nevin: I've been at all their pre-season games and have looked at the depth they have got in their squad and it is actually scary - and that's before Lukaku has arrived. If you add him on top of Kai Havertz, who could be, certainly over the next few years, one of the great players in the world, and look all the way through their squad, then they have got so much quality.

Fara Williams: We saw the impact Thomas Tuchel made in the second half of last season and how hard Chelsea are to beat. Lukaku's goals will turn a lot of draws into wins.

Rob Green: Their squad is stronger than everyone else's, even City. Then you add Lukaku, who will bring the best out of everyone else.

Martin Keown: Lukaku is a player you have to keep hungry so I think this is the perfect move for him, going back to a club where he has something to prove.

Ashley Williams: Chelsea made big improvements last season and I think they will be better again. I played with Lukaku at Everton so I know him quite well - his goal record for us was incredible but having seen him play for Inter Milan and Belgium, he's even better now. It's as if he has recognised his own ability and strengths more than he did before, and he knows when and where to use them. I still speak to him a lot and he has worked hard on his game - it's mentally where he has got stronger, because he has always been a beast physically.

Ashley Williams joins Dion Dublin and Jason Mohammad on Final Score on Saturday, from 14:30 BST on the red button and the BBC Sport website and from 16:00 on BBC One.

Who will be Premier League champions? (2)

Stephen Warnock: Tactically, they are so well organised under Tuchel, and it looks a happy camp too. He has created the perfect environment of having the authority that means no-one steps out of line, but the players like him too.

Michael Brown: They have got the belief now too, which is massive. They have gone from wondering 'where will we finish?' to thinking 'we've got every chance'. They will be right in the mix.

Rachel Brown-Finnis: Tuchel consolidated at first and made them difficult to break down, now he is adding more firepower as well. If Lukaku clicks with their creative players, they will just be awesome but I just feel they will have the edge because of how hard they have been to beat.

Chris Sutton: Tuchel has not just sorted them out defensively, he has added a really nice balance to their team. Timo Werner will benefit from his first year in England, and Havertz also came into form at the end of the season. If there was a criticism of Chelsea last time, it was that they possibly weren't ruthless enough but with Lukaku they will have a guy in who is an absolute glutton for goals.

Who will be Premier League champions? (3)

Man Utd - Will Sancho give them the 'X-factor'?

Last season, 24 out of 25 pundits thought they would make the top four although 17 of the votes they received placed them in fourth. This time, 100% think they will finish in the top four and 11 out of 20 think they will finish third or higher, although only two people have backed them to finish second.

Chris Sutton: United missed a great opportunity to win the Europa League last season, which would have taken the pressure off Ole Gunnar Solskjaer by ending his wait for a trophy. They still had a good season but there is something missing - they have to show greater consistency and be able to take the game to the opposition. The other three top teams have a better balance about them but maybe Jadon Sancho will give them that X-factor.

(Video) Extended Highlights | Hammers Off To Winning Start | West Ham 3-1 FCSB | Europa Conference League

Nedum Onuoha: If Sancho's game can translate to the Premier League, then that is a huge coup for United. I can't wait to see how he gets on.

Micah Richards: United have shown that they can beat anyone but they seem to have too many off-days over the course of the season and for me they are a couple of players short of being a title-winning side - including a centre-forward. Edinson Cavani is 34 and at the stage of his career where he needs looking after. He can't play every week and they don't have another striker like him.

Pat Nevin: It feels like Manchester United have been trying to sort out that centre-back position forever and, finally, by getting Raphael Varane in alongside Harry Maguire it looks right. I suspect it will turn out that way too, but let's hold fire slightly to see - Varane was always lightning quick when he was younger but I have watched him a few times recently and wondered if he had lost half a yard of pace. I will only find out by watching him in the Premier League.

Matthew Upson: There is a lot of guesswork involved here until the season starts but Varane looks a really good signing, and one they needed to make. He and Harry Maguire are a world-class pairing at the back and that is going to make a huge difference for them.

Ashley Williams: You can't ask for more from a centre-half partnership. My only question is whether Varane hits the ground running or does he need time to settle in. I've never played in La Liga so I am not saying there are easy games there but in the Premier League you are tested even by the poorer teams, and in different ways. Varane is vastly experienced but I'm not sure he will have come up against many teams like Burnley who have really physical strikers such as Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes. It doesn't sound glamorous but they make your life difficult for 90 minutes. He has won everything there is to win, though, so I am sure he will cope with that.

Stephen Warnock: I see it as a four-horse race this year but the only difference between United and the other three is with their manager - I don't think Solskjaer is the man to win the title. He's done well tactically in some games but there have been times when something is not quite right and if you had given United's squad to Jurgen Klopp, Guardiola or Tuchel last season, I think they all would have won the league. I am not sure he is the right man to take United to the next level.

Martin Keown: I have United down as finishing fourth but this title race is as open as it will ever be. They have made two brilliant signings, and they mean business. I am only picking this order because I have been asked to - and if they were to win it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Who will be Premier League champions? (4)

Liverpool - A strong team but how deep is their squad?

Last season, 52% of the BBC pundits thought Liverpool would defend their title, while 21 out of 25 thought they would finish in the top two. This season, no-one thinks they will be champions, and only three out of 20 think they will make the top two.

Mark Lawrenson: A big factor for Liverpool is hunger after what happened last season. Yes, they had a lot of injuries but by their high standards it was a poor campaign - so they have a point to prove, especially in front of their fans at Anfield where they had such a poor run at the start of the year.

Danny Murphy: It is hugely important that Liverpool get Jordan Henderson's contract situation sorted out. They have already lost Georginio Wijnaldum, who has been under-rated for the past few years. I do expect Henderson to stay, because he has been so pivotal to their success, but they need to put those concerns to bed quickly. Losing both now would be unthinkable.

Danny Murphy joins Ashley Williams and Mark Chapman for MOTD2 this Sunday at 22:30 BST on BBC One and the BBC Sport website for highlights of Newcastle v West Ham and Tottenham v Manchester City.

(Video) 5 ways Liverpool can win the Premier League title! 442oons

Who will be Premier League champions? (5)

Stephen Warnock: They are still a very strong team and I just think the style of football will be back to what it was a couple of years ago, with the team playing that high press again. Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah look fresh after a break over the summer but it is a concern what happens when they both go to the Africa Cup of Nations in January.

Martin Keown: I know people are saying they haven't really bought but there was nothing really wrong with Liverpool before their injury problems last season. I am backing Klopp to get back the perfection that was there in the two seasons before that, and they can challenge again, no doubt about it.

Pat Nevin: Liverpool still don't look like they have a big enough squad to win the league, but then I've said that about them before. They have got Virgil van Dijk back now, which makes a massive difference, but I kind of think they need another serious striker.

Micah Richards: Diogo Jota did really well last season, and his injury came at a bad time for them. It might take a while for them to work out their best combination in attack, or what system to go with.

Chris Sutton: Ibrahima Konate looks like a decent defensive signing but the issue with Van Dijk is how fit is he? How has he been affected by being out for so long and the injury? We will find out.

Matthew Upson: It is hard to remember Liverpool at full throttle because they had such a disastrous time from the start of the year. Even though they have got Van Dijk fit, I had the same cruciate ligament injury and I'd say you are looking at several months from when he plays his first competitive game to him being back at his best. Joe Gomez is in the same boat really, and that's the reason I have them down as third.

Rachel Brown-Finnis: I hope Van Dijk gets back to his best because he is such a wonderful player. They need him to perform individually but he also lifts the whole team. I don't think it will happen for Liverpool without him, because of that knock-on effect. When they are in full swing, they are fantastic to watch.

Leicester - fighting it out with Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham for the top six?

Last season, Arsenal were the only other team to feature in the picks - two out of 25 pundits thought they would finish fourth or higher. This time, Leicester get a mention - but only one pundit thinks they will finish in the Champions League places.

Jermaine Beckford: I am going with Leicester to finish fourth. They are a breath of fresh air in terms of how much they invest in their squad compared to the teams who finished above them last season. They still spend some money of course, but they spend it so well. Their recruitment is absolutely brilliant, and I am a huge fan of the way Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers sets up his teams and gets everyone working hard together.

Ashley Williams: It's going to be tough for anyone else to crack the top four, and I don't think Arsenal or Spurs can do it. If anyone can wriggle in there, it is Leicester. They are a really good team and can beat any of the leading teams on their day but as they have already found out after finishing fifth twice, it is tough for them to sustain those standards for the whole season.

Martin Keown: Leicester will push again and they will definitely have a say in who will win the title. Arsenal and Spurs can too, but it still feels more like they are both in transition at the moment. There will be some pressure on Arsenal early on, because they have got some very difficult early fixtures against Chelsea and City in the first couple of weeks. I just want to see some more convincing performances from them, because I think we can see the club has tumbled down the league, and there are other clubs with more resources than them now. They need to be more competitive in games to get up the table, and they also need Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to have a smile back on his face.

Danny Murphy: If anyone might surprise a few people it's Arsenal - they are not in Europe, and they have got some fantastic forward players. People forget that last season was the first in Aubameyang's career where he didn't score a bagful of goals, and nothing suggests to me that is going to continue. They have a tough start but their young players are going to keep getting better.

Pat Nevin: Just purely if you look at the finances and size and experience of squads, it is going to be very hard for anyone outside the top four to get up there again. After the top four, it is Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, and maybe West Ham who will all basically be trying to be the best of the rest.

Who will be Premier League champions? (6)

(Video) CHELSEA FC CHAMPIONS 2015 (Mourinho TROLLS the LEAGUE! cartoon premier league title 14-15)

  • Our coverage of your Premier League club is bigger and better than ever before - here's everything you need to know to make sure you never miss a moment

Who will be Premier League champions? (7)

FAQs

Who Will win Premier League 2022 predictions? ›

The supercomputer can't see past another close battle between Liverpool and Manchester City in 2022-23, with Jürgen Klopp's Reds edging out Pep Guardiola's side for the title. Liverpool are being given a 49.7% chance of winning the Premier League this season, 2.7% higher than Man City (47.0%).

Who is the champion of Premier League 2022? ›

Manchester City successfully defended their title, securing a sixth Premier League title and eighth English league title overall on the final day of the season; it was also the club's fourth title in the last five seasons.

Which team is most likely to win the Champions League 2022? ›

Manchester City are 2/1 favourites to win the Champions League after victories over Sevilla and Borussia Dortmund in their opening Group G matches. City were far from their best against Dortmund before late goals by Stones and Haaland gave them a 2-1 victory at the Etihad Stadium.

Who is Favourite to win the Premiership? ›

MANCHESTER CITY are odds-on favourites to clinch the Premier League title.

What odds are Liverpool to win the quadruple? ›

Liverpool Quadruple Odds: Can Liverpool Win All Four Trophies This Season? Football betting sites have pushed Liverpool odds of succeeding where they fell short last season by winning the quadruple in the 2022/23 football season out to 750/1 from 500/1 previously.

Do Liverpool have a chance of winning the league? ›

The addition of their new striker has certainly increased their chances according to a supercomputer. Via OptaJoe, the computer has predicted Liverpool becoming champions this season with a 49.7% chance of winning the title, ahead of Manchester City, who got just 47%. 2022/23 PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON AWARD PREDICTIONS!

Who went down in Premier League 2022? ›

In English soccer, the bottom three teams in the Premier League standings are relegated to the next season's Championship. Burnley, Watford and Norwich City were relegated to the Championship after last season.

Who won what in Football 2022? ›

The match also marked 150 years since the first FA Cup Final was played in 1872.
...
2022 FA Cup Final.
The match took place at Wembley Stadium.
Event2021–22 FA Cup
Chelsea Liverpool 0 0
After extra time Liverpool won 6–5 on penalties
Date14 May 2022
6 more rows

Who got promoted to the Championship 2022? ›

Sunderland took the lead in the 12th minute with a goal from Elliot Embleton. Ross Stewart doubled his side's lead in with 11 minutes of the match remaining to make it 2–0. That remained the scoreline, and Sunderland gained promotion to the Championship.

Who has won the most Champions League? ›

Real Madrid claimed the current title of the 2021/22 Champions League and is by far the most successful club in European Cup history, having taken home the prestigious trophy a total of 14 times.

Who are the Favourites to win the Europa League? ›

Odds to win the 2022-23 Europa League
  • Arsenal @ 9/2.
  • Manchester United @ 5/1.
  • Real Sociedad @ 16/1.
  • Roma @ 16/1.
  • Real Betis @ 22/1.
  • Lazio @ 25/1.
  • PSV @ 33/1.
  • 40/1 bar.
16 Sept 2022

Are UCL matches fixed? ›

European police claim a Champions League tie played in England was fixed, according to a report on the BBC Sport website. The fixture is one of 680 games across the globe which was rigged, although Europol have not named which match in England was affected.

Who will get promoted to the Premier League 2022 23? ›

Teams. Twenty teams are competing in the league – the top seventeen teams from the previous season and the three teams promoted from the Championship. The promoted teams are Fulham, Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest, who return after an absence of one, two and twenty-three years from the top flight respectively.

What are the odds for Chelsea to win the premiership? ›

Chelsea Odds to Win Premier League 2019/20
ClubPremier League Winner OddsProbability
Manchester City11/8 (2.38)42.1%
Arsenal80/1 (81.00)1.2%
Chelsea80/1 (81.00)1.2%
Tottenham150/1 (151.00)0.7%
1 more row

What do odds of 4/7 mean? ›

The 4-7 betting odds probability is a 36.36 per cent probability of a particular outcome and 63.64 per cent probability of another outcome. The 4/7 odds implied probability means your selection has a 63.64% chance of winning and a 36.36% chance the selection will lose.

Has any team ever won the quadruple? ›

Has a team ever won the quadruple before? Celtic's Lisbon Lions – in 1966/67 – are the only team to date to have lifted a quadruple of European Cup, domestic league, domestic cup and domestic league cup in the same season.

Has any English team won the quadruple? ›

The English Quad? As is surely common knowledge by now, no English team has ever won the Quadruple. Prior to this season, the closest any top-flight side had ever got to winning all four major trophies in a single campaign was Chelsea back in 2006/07.

What were the odds on Liverpool winning 3 1? ›

However greater odds are always to be had in predicting the correct score of the game and the Reds are offered at 14/1 (15.00) to win by a 3-1 score line.

Who beat Liverpool most? ›

Manchester United have recorded the most league victories over Liverpool, with 69 wins.

What price are Man City to win the treble? ›

Man City to win Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup

City are priced at 25/1 odds of completing the domestic treble - click here to claim this 25/1 bet.

Can Man Utd qualify for Champions League? ›

Manchester City (90), Liverpool (89 points) and Chelsea (70) are confirmed in the Champions League. That leaves two teams in contention for the final UCL place.
...
Premier League table.
6 - Man United
GP37
GD+1
PTS58
7 more columns
19 May 2022

Will Watford get relegated? ›

Watford have been relegated from the Premier League after a 1-0 defeat by Crystal Palace.

Has Crystal Palace been relegated? ›

They were relegated at the end of the first season in 1993 and then promoted the following season. They have been relegated and promoted again another 3 times.

Who are the newly promoted Premier League teams? ›

Meet the three newly-promoted clubs in the 2022/23 Premier League season. The Premier League is just days away and three new teams have arrived, with Fulham, Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest promoted from the Championship. Here's everything you need to know about the latest additions to England's top flight.

Why is Italy not in the World Cup 2022? ›

So how did it not make it? The Azzurri lost to North Macedonia 1-0 in a qualifying match after a 92nd-minute goal erased their dreams. It marked the second straight World Cup Italy failed to qualify for.

How many countries qualify for World Cup? ›

How many teams are in the World Cup? The 2022 men's World Cup in Qatar will feature 32 teams before the field expands to 48 teams for the 2026 World Cup. The FIFA men's World Cup has featured 32 teams for the last six editions, since France 1998.

How many teams qualify for World Cup 2022 from each continent? ›

In all, 13 teams from Europe qualified for the FIFA World Cup 2022. On the other hand, six teams from Asia, five from Africa, four each from North America and South America made it to the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar.

How much is promotion to Premier League worth? ›

A report from Deloitte states the winner will earn additional future revenues of at least £170m across the next three seasons. That sum rises significantly, to £300m across the next five campaigns, if the promoted club avoids relegation in its first season back in the top-flight.

What three teams get promoted to the Premier League? ›

Fulham, Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest secured promotion to the Premier League this season, but how confident are their fans of survival?

Who was demoted from Premier League? ›

The promoted teams are Leeds United, West Bromwich Albion and Fulham, after respective top flight absences of sixteen, two and one year(s). They replaced Bournemouth, Watford (both teams relegated after five years in the top flight), and Norwich City (relegated after a year back in the top flight).

Who lost most Champions League finals? ›

Juventus have been runners-up the most times, losing seven finals. Atlético Madrid is the only team to reach three finals without having won the trophy while Reims and Valencia have finished as runners-up twice without winning. Spain has provided the most champions, with nineteen wins from two clubs.

Who has won 7 Champions League? ›

It is well-known information that Real Madrid have won the Champions League trophy more times than any other club, victors of the elite European competition a historic 14 times – with AC Milan coming in with seven wins, and Liverpool close behind on six.

What happens if Europa League winners are already in Champions League? ›

If the Europa League winner has already qualified for the Champions League via their league position, the extra slot will be given to another team from another league. For example, Atletico Madrid won the 2017/18 Europa League, but was in 2nd place in the La Liga.

What does a 3 to 1 bet mean? ›

3-1 Betting Odds means that out of 4 possible outcomes, the 3/1 odds are that there will be 3 of one kind of outcome and 1 of another kind of outcome. The 3-1 odds calculation means for every 4 betting events your selection should win 1 times and on 3 occasions the selection will not win.

Who has the highest chance of winning the Europa League? ›

[9/20/22] Through two rounds of Group Stage play it's still Arsenal and Man U at the top of the odds. Followed by fellow “Big 5” teams Roma, Real Sociedad, Real Betis and Lazio. [8/26/22] The Europa League Group Stage Draw is complete. Arsenal are the leading favorites at +550 odds, followed by Man U at +800.

How many teams move up to Premier League? ›

*The top two teams are automatically promoted to the Premier League.

Who was relegated from the Premier League last year? ›

Watford and Bournemouth have been relegated from the Premier League on a dramatic final day of the season. Aston Villa, who were seven points from safety earlier this month, have survived - finishing a point above the bottom three after a 1-1 draw with West Ham.

When did Brentford get promoted? ›

Brentford Football Club is a professional football club based in Brentford, West London, England. They compete in the Premier League, the highest tier of English football, having gained promotion via the playoffs at the end of the 2020–21 Championship season.

What are 40 to 1 odds? ›

MyTopSportsbooks Conversion Table for common Odds
UKEUBet
40/141.00$100
41/142.00$100
42/143.00$100
43/144.00$100
24 more rows

How do you figure out odds? ›

The odds of an event occurring is calculated as the ratio of the probability of a property being present compared to the probability of it being absent; this is simply the number of times that the property is absent divided by the number of times it is absent.

How do you win the Premier League? ›

The league takes place between August and May and involves the teams playing each other home and away across the season, a total of 380 matches. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a draw and none for a defeat, with the team with the most points at the end of the season winning the Premier League title.

What are 9 5 odds? ›

9-5 Betting Odds means that out of 14 potential outcomes, the 9/5 odds are that there will be 9 of one kind of outcome and 5 of another kind of outcome. The 9-5 odds calculation means for every 14 betting events your selection should win 5 times and on 9 occasions the selection will not win.

What do 8/15 odds mean? ›

8 to 15 Implied Probability

The 8-15 betting odds probability is a 34.78 per cent probability of a particular outcome and 65.22 per cent probability of another outcome. The 8/15 odds implied probability means your selection has a 65.22% chance of winning and a 34.78% chance the selection will lose.

What do 8 11 odds mean? ›

8-11 Betting Odds means that out of 19 possible outcomes, the 8/11 odds are that there will be 8 of one kind of outcome and 11 of another kind of outcome. The 8-11 odds calculation means for every 19 betting events your selection should win 11 times and on 8 occasions the selection will not win.

Can Manchester United qualify for Champions League 2022? ›

Manchester United has officially failed to qualify for the 2022-23 Champions League after losing to Brighton this weekend. The Red Devils will not be playing Champions League football next season after being thrashed 4-0 by Brighton, putting them mathematically out of contention.

Who will win the Premier League 2021? ›

The 2021/22 Premier League season concluded in dramatic fashion, with Manchester City being crowned champions on the final day as they finished one point ahead of Liverpool.

What are the odds on Tottenham winning the league? ›

What are the Spurs odds to win the Premier League? Spurs are now 12/1 to win the Premier League this season following their strong start to the new campaign.

What price is Chelsea to win the Premier League? ›

Chelsea Odds to Win Premier League 2019/20
ClubPremier League Winner OddsProbability
Manchester City11/8 (2.38)42.1%
Arsenal80/1 (81.00)1.2%
Chelsea80/1 (81.00)1.2%
Tottenham150/1 (151.00)0.7%
1 more row

Is Ronaldo leaving Man Utd? ›

Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at Manchester United until at least January after the summer transfer deadline passed without a move materialising for the forward.

Can Arsenal qualify for Champions League if Liverpool win? ›

The answer is no. Instead of handing that extra spot to a fifth team from the Premier League, UEFA instead moves down to the next league according to its coefficient list.

Why is Arsenal not in the Champions League? ›

Arsenal were the first English club to ask their players to take a pay cut in April 2020 when COVID-19 began to hit clubs financially, and missing out on European football for the first time in 25 years slashed revenues even further.

Who is the best player in the world? ›

Best Football Players to Watch out for 2022 Football World Cup
RankingPlayer NameClub/Team
1Lionel MessiPSG & Argentina
2Robert LewandowskiBarcelona & Poland
3Kylian MbappePSG & France
4Cristiano RonaldoManchester United & Portugal
6 more rows
13 Sept 2022

What are the odds for Arsenal to win the Premier League? ›

Find the latest Premier League winner odds for the 2022/2023 season here:
ClubChanceSky Bet
Manchester City84.73%2/7
Liverpool10.80%7/1
Arsenal3.70%11/1
Tottenham0.41%14/1
3 more rows

Can Man Utd qualify for Champions League? ›

Manchester City (90), Liverpool (89 points) and Chelsea (70) are confirmed in the Champions League. That leaves two teams in contention for the final UCL place.
...
Premier League table.
6 - Man United
GP37
GD+1
PTS58
7 more columns
19 May 2022

What are 40 to 1 odds? ›

MyTopSportsbooks Conversion Table for common Odds
UKEUBet
40/141.00$100
41/142.00$100
42/143.00$100
43/144.00$100
24 more rows

What do odds of 4/7 mean? ›

The 4-7 betting odds probability is a 36.36 per cent probability of a particular outcome and 63.64 per cent probability of another outcome. The 4/7 odds implied probability means your selection has a 63.64% chance of winning and a 36.36% chance the selection will lose.

How do you win the Premier League? ›

The league takes place between August and May and involves the teams playing each other home and away across the season, a total of 380 matches. Three points are awarded for a win, one point for a draw and none for a defeat, with the team with the most points at the end of the season winning the Premier League title.

What are the odds of Chelsea winning? ›

What are the Chelsea odds to win the Premier League? Chelsea are 33/1 to win the Premier League in 2022/23, after finishing third last season. The club have strengthened the squad significantly over the summer and will be looking to finish higher than last season's position rather than merely consolidating.

What were the odds on Liverpool winning 3 1? ›

However greater odds are always to be had in predicting the correct score of the game and the Reds are offered at 14/1 (15.00) to win by a 3-1 score line.

How do you figure out odds? ›

The odds of an event occurring is calculated as the ratio of the probability of a property being present compared to the probability of it being absent; this is simply the number of times that the property is absent divided by the number of times it is absent.

Videos

1. Where Will CHELSEA Finish In The Premier League?
(Football Therapy)
2. Why the Premier League will not dominate European football
(DW Kick off!)
3. Jurgen Klopp’s emotional reaction to Liverpool winning the Premier League 🏆
(Sky Sports Premier League)
4. THE WORLD WAS WATCHING! | City are Premier League Champions again! | Fans from around the world!
(Man City)
5. Fearless Foxes: Our Story | Leicester City's 2015/16 Premier League Title
(LCFC)
6. LIVERPOOL ARE THE PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!
(The Redmen TV)

Top Articles

You might also like

Latest Posts

Article information

Author: Msgr. Benton Quitzon

Last Updated: 12/18/2022

Views: 6351

Rating: 4.2 / 5 (43 voted)

Reviews: 82% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Msgr. Benton Quitzon

Birthday: 2001-08-13

Address: 96487 Kris Cliff, Teresiafurt, WI 95201

Phone: +9418513585781

Job: Senior Designer

Hobby: Calligraphy, Rowing, Vacation, Geocaching, Web surfing, Electronics, Electronics

Introduction: My name is Msgr. Benton Quitzon, I am a comfortable, charming, thankful, happy, adventurous, handsome, precious person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.